That’s right. I am kneading the bread and starting with a sponge base! Get ready!
Oh and all of you friends that said I would find my camera…..you were right!!!!!!
Recipe by Rose Levy Beranbaum from the Bread Bible
yield: Makes 16 small brioche (or one 8 1/2-by-4 1/2-by-4 1/2-inch-high loaf)/17.5 ounces/500 grams
Dough Starter (Sponge):
- water, at room temperature (70° to 90°F): 2 tablespoon (1 ounce or 29.5 grams)
- sugar: 1 tablespoon (scant 0.5 ounce or 12.5 grams)
- instant yeast: 1/4 teaspoon (0.8 grams)
- unbleached all-purpose flour (use only Gold Medal, King Arthur, or Pillsbury): 1/2 cup (2.5 ounces or 71 grams)
- eggs: 1 large egg (2 ounces or 58 grams weighed in the shell)